A brand new 2017 season with 3 flexible CSA options
1. Traditional CSA: Seasonal variety delivered weekly. Pay up-front and enjoy vegetables at 15% below market prices for 20 weeks of the growing season
2. Online CSA: Your selection of our seasonal offerings ordered online and delivered weekly. Pay up-front and enjoy produce at 10% below market prices
3. Pay-as-you-go: Your selection of our seasonal offerings ordered online at market value and delivered weekly
100% of your CSA share is grown on our farm in Dexter
Traditional CSA weekly shares include 6 seasonal items right from our farm. View our online collection of recipes to help you get the most out of the contents of your box. Cost is $415 for 20 weeks which comes out to an average of 15% below market value for the items.
Online CSA membership is your pre-paid commitment to buying from our online farmstand all season. Pay $350 up-front and receive a gift card to use on our online farmstand worth $385 (a 10% bonus) between May 18 and Dec 31. We request that you spend a minimum of $15 each order. Purchases over $50/wk should be pre-approved to ensure availability.
If you choose to pay-as-you-go, order anytime, for delivery to the same locations.
Pick-up locations are the same for all purchases, Thursdays 4-7pm starting May 18
Eugene: in our CSA cupboard behind the Stellaria Building at 150 Shelton McMurphey Blvd (see bottom of this page for map) Link to Google Map for Stellaria Building,
Other pick-up options are Pleasant Hill, Oakridge, at the farm in Dexter, or any local address (your office or neighborhood) with a 5-box minimum.
Whether it's our pre-paid online CSA share or just weekly shopping, you can purchase a custom order from everything we have growing on the farm at our online farmstand https://squareup.com/store/circle-h-farm or click the "Pre-Order for Pick Up" tab at the top of the website screen to see what's available and order your week's produce. Payment is taken online through the Square Store.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
A CSA program is your chance to interact with and support a local farm. It is your opportunity to eat the freshest, tastiest produce, while also helping to make small farms viable and sustainable. A CSA is a unique investment in a farm. Like any investment, there's risk involved, like a failed basil crop or broccoli threatening to take over your refrigerator. Having a CSA is a true farm experience, where you will experience the bounty as well as the limitations of a farm. Season to season changes are the beauty of eating locally. By being a part of Circle h Farm, you will gain a personal connection with the land and the farmers.
How it works:
For either of the CSA options, you pay the farm a lump sum up-front by either sending a check to PO Box 143 Dexter OR 97431 or paying by credit card through our online farmstand. Starting May 18 Traditional shares will get a box each Thursday filled with what's in season on the farm. Online CSA members buy when it's convenient for them, for pick-up on Thursdays starting May 18, using their farmstand credit by the end of December 2017. We also accept SNAP benefits, contact the farm for more information.
Examples of our products by season:
- Mid June: Kale, Cilantro or Basil, Cucumbers, Beets, Lettuce, Strawberries, Snap peas, Broccoli
- Early August: Blueberries, Carrots, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Green beans, Cherry Tomatoes, Slicing Tomatoes, Watermelon, Sweet Corn
- Late September: Spinach, Salad mix, Potatoes, Garlic, Winter squash, Peppers, Eggplant, Onions
- See pictures above for some CSA examples!
Reasons You'll be happy with the CSA choice:
- Flavor. The varieties of each vegetable you get at your local farm have been bred for flavor and nutrition, not to keep in your refrigerator indefinitely. The first few weeks you may feel some pressure to use up what you received in your CSA box, but we suspect that in the next few weeks you'll start to look forward to using those fresh, tasty items! The fruits and vegetables in your CSA box will be harvested the morning of the day you get them - meaning you will be eating produce with ultimate flavor and nutrition!
- Education. You can teach your kids how cauliflower grows, or teach yourself how to cook with fresh fennel. You'll learn to appreciate each flavor as it ripens throughout the season. We'll help you! We will provide great recipes for the produce in your box.
- Keeping farmland in your community. Isn't it nice to drive by blossoming cherry tress, or new-born lambs on your way home? By investing in a local farm, you will be insuring the economic viability of your local rural communities.
- Knowing where your money goes. Your money will go to your neighbor and your neighborhood rather than a corporation. Your investment in our CSA is not only an investment in our farm, but an investment in the environment.
2017 Farmers' Markets
Where to find us:
- Lane County Farmers' Market, Every Saturday, 10 am - 2pm Feb-March and 9am - 3pm, April - November
- Dexter Lake Farmers' Market in Lowell, Every Sunday noon-3pm June-September
Where to find the CSA cupboard at the Stellaria Building: