CSA week 16, August 31
In the box this week:
- Golden Beets
- Sweet Onions
- Sweet Peppers
Arugula is a spicy green that can be tossed in a salad or sauteed.
Sauteed Arugula recipe
- 5 ounces fresh arugula, washed and trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- In frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices to boiling.
- After bringing to a boil, add the arugula, tossing gently to cover all with the broth.
- Let sit for a minute or two, stirring occasionally, until all leaves are wilted. (Additional broth may be needed to keep moist.).
- This makes a great salad topping, or fantastic on top of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- **For those who want a more flavor-rich side, try the following:.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil to the pan first; heat oil and cook 1/4 cup chopped (or sliced) onion and 1 teaspoons minced garlic until onions are tender. Then proceed with the broth, arugula and spices.