CSA week 8, June 21
Summer squash is a lovely, versatile vegetable. But as far as I'm concerned, there's only one way to eat it - in a pie. Here is my all time favorite squash recipe. If you try it, I promise you won't be disappointed.
4 cups thinly cut unpeeled zucchini
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
2 eggs, beaten
8 oz. muenster or monterey jack cheese
8 oz. crescent rolls
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1. Cook zucchini and onion in butter until tender (about 10 minutes).
2. Stir in parsley and seasonings.
3. Blend eggs and cheese and stir into vegetable mixture.
4. Place rolls in quiche pan to form crust. Brush with mustard.
5. Pour vegetable mixture into crust.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.